2009年10月17日土曜日

"The Setting Sun", "No longer Human" by Osamu Dazai

At first, I read "Syayo"and"Ningenshikkaku".
Shayo (The Setting Sun, 1947) is depicted the decline of the Japanese nobility after World war 2 was published, Shayo made him a star. This work was based on the diary of Shizuko Ōta. Ōta was one of the fans of Dazai's works and first met him in about 1941. She bore him a daughter Haruko in 1947.
I feel offended after reading. this novel also was depicted a part of his life. As a result, he used her as a means to write the novel. His behaivior seems to be brutally self-indulgence.

Ningen Shikkaku ( No Longer Human, 1948)was also his quasi autobiography.
He completely abandoned his wife and children, and in the end drown himself with the other woman.
Ningen Shikkaku deals with a character headlong towards self-destruction.

I felt that this novel looked his scream which is suffering from isolation and low self-esteem.
He sold off in pieces of his life every time he wrote a novel. I think, he wanted to be recognized his existence by the people. But, even if he is an alcoholic and depression, it was morally unforgivable acts.

Any way, the book is one of the classics of Japanese literature, the masterpiece is difficult to comprehend by ordinary people, like me. I'm not his wife. I shold do what I want.

0 件のコメント: