2009年10月16日金曜日

"Viyon's wife" by Dazai Osamu

Today, my mother asked me to check a movie's schedule. It's "Viyon's wife" which is based upon a histrical fact written about in the novel by Osamu Dazai.Well, I'm wondering why often hear his name in TV these days. According to my mother, The movie will be released for the 100th anniversary of his birthday.
Osamu Dazai was a Japanese author who is one of the foremost fiction writers of 20th-century Japan. He is noted for his ironic and gloomy wit, his obsession with suicide.Yasunari Kawabata, Ryuunosuke Akutagawa, Souseki Natsume, and other writers are all internationally famous writer that are products of this era, the late 19th and early 20th century.
As they are tossed about by the" dramatically change in society", and they produced many works that reflected their own new views, which were produced by the change in their sense of values.
For this reason, thier works were recognized as masterpieces.
And, I tryed to read "Viyon's wife"in 1947. It's a very short story, so I could read soon. Well, my impression is that, it's awful!
He depicted a his dissolute life. The narrator is the wife of a poet, who has abandoned her. She takes a job for a tavern keeper from whom her husband has stolen money. Her determination to survive is tested by hardships, rape and her husband's self-delusion, but her will is not broken.I grew depressed thinking of his wife read this novel.She was just trying to accept him the way he is. Strength grows stronger by being tried.When I think about it, it is too much to bear.
Why does he and his novels hold such an attraction for the Japanese?
For one thing, when I read it, somehow I could see a little bit of myself in one character, living under harsh circumstances, of the novel.
Everyone could find out somethig from his life, the self-torturously life.
And, the humor of this novel might be in the contrasting characters "his delusion and weakness, and her honesty and strength. I would like to read other his books.

0 件のコメント: