2009年10月4日日曜日

Dietary education course

Today, I went to Matsuyama to help my friend's "Daetary education course" as a cooking staff.
A nonprofit organization (NPO) called "Jmacs"organized this project.
Jmacs hopes to provide effective dietary education to children.
My friend, Itsuko Nozaki is a food coordinator, living in Mastuyama and she is striving to promote dietary education and local production for local consumption to the world.

I would like to help her, becaurse I just like her, and I sympathize with Jmacs way of thinking.

Besides, cooking is one of my hobby, so I really enjoy this activity.
The course includes 3 classes in this year. Today is the second, and the theme is "hot tofu".
She introduced some local organic vegetables, tofu and eggplant.
And I played trivia of eggplant to children. Eggplant is the second disliked vegetable among children, so I thought 10 eggplant's quiz children would get interested.
The most popular was the color change of eggplant peel caused by lemon.
It turned from purple to red, because lemon is strong alkaline property, so it changed purple pigment , one of anthocyanin.
I found that children get interested in more off center things.
Recently, I've been worring about myself, whether I suit my job, teacher, or not.
I believe this kind of activities, good experiences, also might be helpful for my job.

And all administration officers of Jmacs and staffs are really nice people. So, I cheer up just by seeing.
Any way, I had a great time by this event. I can't wait for the next!

0 件のコメント: